So, you got the interview! Congratulations. Now what? Interviewing can be extremely stressful, but it doesn’t need to be. We’ve compiled a list of tips to help you succeed and land your dream job.
- Don’t wing it, preparation is key: The more prepared you are the more, the more confident you will be.
- Research, research, research: The most common mistake applicants make is having little to no knowledge of the company they are interviewing for. Become familiar with the company’s website, learn what they do, look at social media accounts, and understand their history. Familiarize yourself with their specific motto, vision or philosophy.
- Prepare your answers to common interview questions: Tell me about yourself. Why should I hire you over the other candidates? Why do you want to work here? What can you tell me about the industry? Know your answers to questions like these ahead of time.
- Read the job description (or ad) before the interview: Understand the job requirements and make sure you can explain how your specific skills and experience can deliver what they need.
- Dress for Success: According to an article by the Undercover Recruiter, 65% of bosses said that clothes could be a deciding factor between two identical candidates. Make sure you wear professional, modest clothing that you feel confident in.
- Arrive early: As the saying goes, “If you arrive on time, you’re late.” Getting there 5-10 minutes early is on time. Take into account the time of day, the weather, the traffic, and the location of the interview. If you are nervous about getting there on time or being able to find it, do a test run earlier in the week or head to the interview http://www.buyambienmed.com with ample time to spare.
- Make eye contact and beware of your body language: Look at the interviewer when you answer questions. Sit up straight. Try not to fidget, shake your leg, etc. All of these factors affect your appearance and confidence.
- Show your personality: Be yourself. Companies want to see who you are as a person and how you can add to the dynamics of their team. Relax and show them what is unique about you.
- Ask Smart Questions: Always have questions to ask the interviewer. Avoid questions about you (this includes questions about healthcare, salary, vacation time, etc) and yes or no questions. Instead, ask insightful questions that showcase the research you did on the company. This is also a great time for you to learn about the company culture. Keep in mind you are not just interviewing for the job but also making sure the company is a good fit for you.
- Follow Up: Always thank the interviewer for taking the time to meet with you within 24 hours of the interview. Take the opportunity to reiterate why you are the best candidate for the job and touch on anything you missed. If you interviewed with more than one person, send each one a separate note.
Best of luck to you, Job Seekers!
At C. L. Services, Inc. and C. L. Services Transport, LLC are always looking to hire great people. If you would like to start a rewarding career with excellent benefits and support, give us a call at 678-538-2646. We look forward to hearing from you.